Wednesday, November 15

redo

You might remember a couple of weeks ago I went a little crazy and completely changed my hair color? Not ever having my hair colored, only bleached, I really didn't know what to expect. But when the first week went by and I was noticing a dramatic difference in the shade, I was shocked. Every day it seemed to be getting lighter and lighter. I started thinking I was just imagining things. Like maybe I was just getting used to it being darker and so it didn't look so dark anymore because of it?

By yesterday (just shy of two weeks later) I was totally convinced that it was lightening. And can I tell you how pissed I was? Very. So, I called up the salon where I had it done, but my stylist wasn't in. Another stylist who answered the phone asked if there as anything she could do and I told her my frustation. And what does she tell me? "Oh, that's normal." Say what? NORMAL??? I. Don't. Think. So.

Knowing that my stylist would be in today between 2:00 and 6:00pm, I headed out in the hurricane that's blowing through (again!) and went in to confront her. She was shocked. She said she thought it might fade a little (well, actually she knew it would fade a little) but with as dark as we made it, it definitely shouldn't be looking like this. She confirmed it wasn't a semi-permanent but did say that with the shades of red in the color that might have contributed to the fading.

And then she called a redo! So, I have to wait two weeks to get in, but she's doing a redo. And I didn't even have to yell, cry, stomp my feet, or throw a tantrum.

4 comments:

Liss said...

AWESOME!!! I'm so glad they are going to redo for you. I can't wait to see a picture. i'm actually thinking of getting mine done on Sunday...not sure yet, still red, but i might get multi colored highlights put in...i think i will have to re-dye red myself. We'll see...any suggestions?

Lisa said...

I think a warm honey brown with some read highlights would be great for you for the winter months. Thanks for the advice last night!

HuheyGroove said...

I'm going to shave it again....











asatxr

Stacie said...

Good to hear, girl.