Wednesday, November 15

redo

You might remember a couple of weeks ago I went a little crazy and completely changed my hair color? Not ever having my hair colored, only bleached, I really didn't know what to expect. But when the first week went by and I was noticing a dramatic difference in the shade, I was shocked. Every day it seemed to be getting lighter and lighter. I started thinking I was just imagining things. Like maybe I was just getting used to it being darker and so it didn't look so dark anymore because of it?

By yesterday (just shy of two weeks later) I was totally convinced that it was lightening. And can I tell you how pissed I was? Very. So, I called up the salon where I had it done, but my stylist wasn't in. Another stylist who answered the phone asked if there as anything she could do and I told her my frustation. And what does she tell me? "Oh, that's normal." Say what? NORMAL??? I. Don't. Think. So.

Knowing that my stylist would be in today between 2:00 and 6:00pm, I headed out in the hurricane that's blowing through (again!) and went in to confront her. She was shocked. She said she thought it might fade a little (well, actually she knew it would fade a little) but with as dark as we made it, it definitely shouldn't be looking like this. She confirmed it wasn't a semi-permanent but did say that with the shades of red in the color that might have contributed to the fading.

And then she called a redo! So, I have to wait two weeks to get in, but she's doing a redo. And I didn't even have to yell, cry, stomp my feet, or throw a tantrum.

2 comments:

Liss said...

AWESOME!!! I'm so glad they are going to redo for you. I can't wait to see a picture. i'm actually thinking of getting mine done on Sunday...not sure yet, still red, but i might get multi colored highlights put in...i think i will have to re-dye red myself. We'll see...any suggestions?

Lisa said...

I think a warm honey brown with some read highlights would be great for you for the winter months. Thanks for the advice last night!