There's nothing interesting to blog about today, so I'm gonna just put up a meme. And I'm tagging a few people while I'm at it: Stacie, Liss, Jessica, and Sara. Now don't disappoint me girls!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg nog. Preferably a Grande Non-fat Egg Nog Latter from Bux.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa doesn't have time to wrap presents. Sheesh! Everyone knows that.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White. White. Oh, and did I mention white?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
I usually start the weekend after Thanksgiving. But sometimes it takes me a week or so to get everything up.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Pennsylvania Red Cabbage (Let me know if you want the recipe. Yum!)
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Well, I wasn't really a child. More like a teenager. It was the year my Mom and I flew to NYC and I got to see the tree at Rockefeller Center and the Macy's window displays.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
One of the older kids on the block (the bully) told me and my friend "there's no such thing as Santa". I think we were 6 or 7? I went to my Mom and asked the dreaded question. Her reply was, "Are you sure you want to know the answer to that?" I shook my head no, and walked away. By the next year, I was back asking the same question again. And this time got my answer.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We've always had the tradition of opening just one gift on Christmas Eve. And it's usually a new pair of jammies.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
From top to bottom.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Bring it on!
12. Can you ice skate?
I used to. Now I'd probably break my ankle trying.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Absolutely! And it's still in my parent's attic. A hand crafted, built without a kit, three-story Victorian dollhouse made and decorated by both my parents.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Seeing the sparkle and joy in WJ's eyes.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Christmas morning breakfast.
17. What tops your tree?
An awful looking gold star that is the most precious item on the tree because WJ picked it out saying "that's the most beautiful star I've ever seen".
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Definitely giving. I'm really bad at receiving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
20. Candy Canes
Only for decorating with.