Saturday, January 27

afternoon at the movies

Yep. I did it. I dragged the kid to see Night at the Museum. And, just as predicted, he loved it! It seriously is a great movie. If you haven't seen it yet, get out there while you can. For those of you who don't "go" to the movies (you know who you are), put it on your list for when it comes out on rental.

We laughed so hard! The special effects with animals and statues is terrific, but the allstar casting of Ben Stiller, Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney, Robin Williams, Owen Wilson, and Brad Garrett really puts it over the edge. All incredibly talented and equally hysterical. Williams plays President Teddy Roosevelt, and (yes Stacie) I now can't imagine anyone else in the world filling that role. Wilson is Jedediah (the little guy in the picture above), a cowboy out to run Stiller over with a train. He may have been little in the movie, but his character proves to be bigger than life.

On the way home I was told "I loved that movie! Can we go rent it?" For a kid that had to be hogtied to go, he certainly had a good time. This one will definitely be on our must buy list when it's released.

2 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

I was shocked by just how much I liked this flick ... It could have been so silly and forgettable, but instead it was almost as smart as it was just very, very funny .. And I haven't liked Robin Williams in a part that much in years.

Anonymous said...

See? I told you!!! :D