Wednesday, January 2

he's back


He's back! And look what less than a week in Southern California's done to him. LOL That's right.....my Pacific Northwest boy's turned LA hip in a few short days.
He left here the day after Christmas for a week in SoCal with his dad, visiting his side of the family, and from all accounts had a terrific time. He had a third Christmas at his grandparent's (after the one here at home, and the second one at his dad's before they left), got to see his Aunt and Uncle's, hung out with his cousin every day, had a sleepover, played the Wii, stayed up too late, ate all the wrong foods, and went to Castle Park one day. Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but I'm sure glad it wasn't Disneyland since I've got plans to take him there later this year.
As much as I like to have some "me" time, it's great having him home again. We've even fallen right back into our usual routine - me on the computer and him playing his PS2 - which is probably a good thing since tomorrow we'll be hitting the routine hard with school starting back up and me having to remember how I get myself going, ready for work, him going, fed, clothed and dropped off at school and still make it to work at a reasonable hour.
Welcome home sweet pea, Mommy missed you!

6 comments:

sue said...

Ah, yes... I remember the "track meet" that is Christmas and getting the kids to all the relatives, his, mine and theirs... ;)

Isn't it nice to have him home? I always loved it when the kids got home and we got back to "normal" life... I like to think they liked to be home, too.

Marni said...

He is so cute... and hip, too.

BTW - meant to tell you that you are ROCKIN' those glasses, girl!

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!!! :) So glad he's home again! :)

Anonymous said...

hope he's not one of your readers. It'll spoil the surprise. I can hardly leave the boys for an overnight business trip without losing my mind...you must have missed him desperately. Ahhh the beauty of a routine....

Anonymous said...

He IS a cutie! What style! Great way to start off the New Year, eh? The crazies of Christmas are over (thank god) and you and your son can just kick it.

Kim said...

Aww! It sounds like he had a great time! Did he confess to missing you as well? ;)