Saturday, October 28

bittersweet

I finished reading Undead and Unwed last night before going out. Awesome book! With any good "series" book, it's always bittersweet when you finish - now you know the ending, but if you don't have the next one to start, it sucks. So, of course, now I'll have to make a trip out today to get Undead and Unemployed. It's not that I don't have a ton of other books around here I can read... I just don't like to wait. Besides, today is a perfect day for curling up on the sofa, under a warm blanket, with a good book.

I've also got to get something made with the big box of apples sitting in my garage. Applesauce is a definite, and I was originally thinking of an apple pie. But there are SO many of them! And then a friend mentioned she was making apple crisp. Yum! I asked her to send me the recipe, and it turns out it's her husband's mother's recipe. And now I can't wait! Family recipes are always SO much better than those from a cookbook. If you want some apple crisp, c'mon over! I certainly don't want to have to eat it all myself.

No comments: