Saturday, February 11

solo saturday

Wesley gone to his dad's... sleeping until 9:00am... and reading a great book from cover to cover! Who could ask for a better day? Sure, I miss my sweatpea, but a girl's gotta have a break... right!? And sleeping past 7:30am is something I haven't done since before having a child. I guess the week finally caught up with me.

But the best part of today was doing nothing but reading... in my pj's. A coworker loaned me her copy of One For The Money by Janet Evanovich. What a great read! I highly recommend it. I sat down at 11:00am figuring I'd start it to see what I thought and literally couldn't put it down. (Well, when my mom called I did... and that killed two hours.) But even while doing laundry I walked around with the book in hand. It's suspense / drama / humor / and sex all wrapped up in one. And since this is the first in a long series with the same main character, you know what I'll be reading next.

As for the rest of my day... well, that was it! I decided months ago that at least one day when Wesley is with his dad (which is every other weekend) would be my day to do whatever I wanted. So, now I'm gonna go grab a hot shower (no smartass comments Stacie!), crack open a brewski, and maybe watch a little of the Olympics.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend!!! I'm so happy to hear you are actually taking time for YOU!!!!

XOXO

Liss said...

You'll have to tell me how that book is. I've seen them all over the internet popping up like i'm supposed to read them. Someone told me once that they were really good books. I think you should post a review when you are finished ;)

Glad you had a good weekend...I still need to document mine with more than pictures ;)

Lisa said...

Liss, the book is excellent! You need to get the series and read it with me. I'm expecting books 2 & 3 for this weekend. ;)

Liss said...

they aren't very long books?