Sunday, April 1

everybody's workin' for the weekend

Or in our case, workin' through the weekend.

As tired as I am, I can at least say we got off our arses and got a ton of stuff done this weekend. It's so much easier / faster when I have my little helper working along side me. Yesterday was all indoor work---house cleaning, dishes, laundry--- while today was tackling the weeds out front in preparation of planting bulbs.

The planter box on the side of the house was covered in weeds and grass despite having weed block down under the bark.

Thanks to the help of Dumpy...

and my awesome little man...

we are now weed free and the bulbs are planted.


Of course not ten minutes after we finished, we had a sleet and ice pellet storm roll through. Hope the bulbs are snug as bugs in their new little holes in the ground.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Way to go, guys! You rock! Can't wait to see what it looks like when they sprout! :D

Sizzle said...

that's so cute. i used to like helping my mom weed the yard too.

Jay said...

Were you all zen? I can weed for hours when I'm in the zone, but if I have to weed, if it's a chore, then I can't stand it. Of course, I don't have a dumpy.

Groove said...

Those old recycle bins we have work well for that...granted they don't have wheels and you can't call them dumpy...

Who the hell am I kidding. I've disavowed anything to do with gardening this year!

Nicki said...

Ah, spring. I will miss having flowers blooming. You will have to post pictures of yours so I can live vicariously through you.