Ok, I know I already posted once today, but that was before I saw Snackie's pseudo meme. Unlike the traditional meme, the following 5 questions came straight from Snackie. And since she asked me questions directly related to today, I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to post. So here you have it. After you read the questions and answers, read the instructions so you can play along too. You know you want to!
1. Friday the 13th....friend, foe or just a bunch of hooey?
Definitely friend. Oddly enough the number 13 happens to be my lucky number and when it falls on a Friday it’s usually even luckier. Since today is one of those days, I’ve gotten a call for an interview with yet another state agency on the 23rd, and a call for a follow-up 2nd interview on Tuesday with an agency I interviewed with on the 4th. I count this as a lucky day! What would be really lucky is if I get a job offer call from my interview two days ago.
UPDATE: Thanks to the trying to be nice man at the post office, I was foiled at getting the number 13 from the "take a number" wheel and was stuck with number 12. Subsequently, I came home, and there was NO call with a job offer. Ugh!
2. Who is your all-time favorite cartoon character?
Now this is a hard one. I honestly have never been too much of a cartoon fan. At least not in the way of buying cartoon memorabilia, or anything. If I had to pick one character I can most relate to it’d be Taz – whirling from here to there, cranky then happy then cranky again. Yeah, that pretty much sums me up!
3. Do you believe in love at first sight or is that just poppycock?
Definitely poppycock if you’re asking about romantic love. The only “love at first sight” I’ve ever experienced was with my son. I seriously never knew I could love anyone so much, without reservation. Of course now at his ripe old age of six and a half (had to put that extra half in there since he’s always reminding me of it when I say he’s six), there’s definitely been times I haven’t liked him very much, or been pissed as hell at something he’s done, or not done, but my love for him never changes.
4. Are you more of "a saucy evil pirate wench" or a "fair maiden in a tower"? Why?
What do you think? Hehe! Certainly a very “saucy evil pirate wench”, of course!! I’ve no time to be a “fair maiden” – in a tower, or elsewhere. I’ve always been a very opinionated, independent girl. So much, in fact, it sometimes drives people away. Being an only child, rapidly approaching 40 (in 6 days), female, a single parent, and hanging around a bunch of evil, bad influences makes me the best “saucy evil pirate wench” I can be. Order up!
5. And finally an easy one....Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise?
An easy one? Who says this is an easy one?? It depends on what the Miracle Whip or Mayo is being used for. Salads require Miracle Whip Light, but sandwiches must have Light Mayo or I won’t touch them.
Here are the instructions to continue:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me, you saucy evil pirate wench!"
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. (You must have an email address on file in your profile for me to send the questions to.)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.