Thursday, August 30

2007 Seattle Walk for PKD

One of my good friends at work (and her daughter) live with PKD. Do you know what that is? I didn't until I met her. Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) affects 600,000 Americans and 12.5 million children and adults, worldwide. There is no treatment or cure, but there is hope.

Last week she told the BFI's (as we jokingly refer to our group of girls at work) that there was a walk for PKD coming up on September 16th in Seattle and asked if we'd like to form a team and walk together. Of course we all said yes. She also said she didn't expect any of us to do any fund raising or anything, just knowing we would walk with her and her daughter was enough. There's just no way I can't at least put it out there. So, I officially joined the team last night and set my goal at $250.00.

If you're interested in sponsoring me you can visit my personal page at the PKD website, or email me and I'll send you some information. And if you can't afford to sponsor, or just don't want to, please think of us on the 16th as we walk around Lake Washington in Seattle.

7 comments:

Marni said...

Consider it done...

Lisa said...

Thank you so much Marni! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've done my part. Now... the next party I have, you have to come. Deal?

:)

Lisa said...

Thanks Tim!! I owe ya one. ;)

Dan said...

Thanks so much for doing this Lisa. I just made a contribution. Hugs.

Lisa said...

Thanks so much Dan!! Love you, my friend!!

Marni said...

How did the walk go?