Sunday, July 27

when the working day is done, oh girls... they wanna have fun

The past month has been a complete beeyotch, workwise. I spend nine to twelve hours a day working, most of those hours in meetings, and then trying frantically to catch up with all the work that didn't get done during the aforementioned snooze sessions. By the time the weekend rolls around I'm faced with mountains of household chores that need done, a yard turning into a jungle, and a little man that wants to suck up as much time with his "old, fun" mommy as he can.

One of the yearly requirements for all employees of The Winnebago is to complete a series of mandatory training. They make it very convenient for us by providing the classes on-line so we can do them whenever, and wherever, we find the time. Time is the one thing I don't have nearly enough of, so... Do you see the problem here?

The other day management sends us a gentle reminder to complete our classes that reads something like this:
"...if not already completed, please work on the mandatory training. I find
taking them during boring meetings kills two birds with one stone."

Uh, okay. So what you're saying is we shouldn't need to pay attention in the meeting therefore nullifying our need for attending in the first place? Okay, yeah!

For the record, I won't be getting to any of those "mandatory trainings" anytime soon. In fact next week, I won't be getting to very much work at all. I am taking a few hours off (I say hours cuz I'll still be monitoring email periodically and attending required meetings) to spend some much needed girl time with her majesty. She'll be here in two days. W00t!!

We've kept the schedule pretty open at this point but I can assure you there will be a lot of Rock Band/Guitar Hero playing, beer drinking, movie watching, pool playing, yakking, smoking, visiting the carnies, eating, shopping and otherwise girlish fun for 5 straight days. Because when the working day is done, oh girls... they wanna have fun. Oh girls, just wanna have fun!

7 comments:

Jay said...

Yes they do, and I hope you indulge like crazy!!

Kim said...

I HATE sitting around in meetings, talking about what we NEED to get done... don't they realize they are wasting my time by making me talk about it, and not actually get it done!?!?

Anonymous said...

This is why I love working from home... very few meetings!
(Of course, I'm not getting many hours lately either so that's not quite working.) I hate meetings, so many of them are held just to blow smoke up coworkers' asses.

Hope your girl time was fun!

MommyLisa said...

Meetings & training - at my last job we all worked virtually, so it was common knowledge that people worked out, cleaned, etc. during meetings and mandatory training sessions. Mute is a wonderful thing.

I even took the baby to the zoo one time during a three hour snoozefest!

Anonymous said...

Are you ever coming back?

Anonymous said...

Hello Lady.
I thought I would take this opportunity to say that I think you have an absolutely lovely pair of boobs.
Keep smiling

Mr James of Londontown

Dustcarts said...

Most people are doing the same thing. They also wanna have fun after a busy work or a hectic day.