Wednesday, March 15

piercings and tatoos

The other week (I think it was last), Liss and I were IMing and we started talking about piercings and tatoos. I know many people with both - some with few, some with many. I only have double pierced ears, which is a total waste since I never use the second holes and always wear the exact same pair of earrings every day. But if I ever forget to put them in, I truly feel naked all day.

We didn't get into a very long conversation about either, but it's something I've thought about on and off over the years. When I was in my 20's I thought both were pretty cool. Only to look at, on other people. In my early 30's I couldn't figure out why people pierced or tatooed some of the body parts that are now common place areas to adorn. Now, pushing into my 40's (at a much too rapid pace), I once again find myself thinking about how cool the tatoos are and wondering.... would I, could I, should I? I know I won't ever do any more piercings, but the tatoos keep sucking me in.

So, let me hear from you. Do you have piercings? tatoos? How many? When did you get them? And, most important, what do you like most about them?

1 comment:

Liss said...

Trying again to leave you a comment my dear...

18 piercings..we had this converstation ;) no tatoos, however i have found one that i really like and i've drawn one as well. Too scared to actually get one though, plus you can't take it off when you are tired of it...

That is what i love about piercings..you can take them out.

The rush from getting a piercing (aside from ears) is amazing!!! Great adrenaline.