Sunday, April 13

birthdays are for those who still count the months

It's that time of year again. Time to start the official birthday countdown, that is. In four short days I will officially be forty and twelve-months of age. Why 'forty and twelve-months' instead of forty-one?

I am mourning the loss of my fortieth year! Seriously!!

With all its ups and downs (those things I didn't blog about) it was a mighty fine year, indeed. I had some pretty big shake-ups in my life and worked through all of them, one at a time. It was a year of growth, self-realizaton, and freedom. But I'm not ready to move on from saying "I'm forty!"

When I'm 85 and tooling down the nursing home hallway trying to escape being knocked over I'll still be saying "I'm forty and one-thousand and twenty months!" Not sure if I'll be able to remember how to calculate that. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

9 comments:

Jay said...

This is why you are such a cool chick. Keep on rockin the 4-0.

Kim said...

Happy Early Birthday! You'll still be just as cool when you are 85.

Marni said...

Happy b-day. I'll buy a round in celebration!

Groove said...

There better be flames on that chair......

Nicki said...

I like your attitude. I'm 23 and holding...

Whiskeymarie said...

Happy belated b-day, toots.
I'm coming up on 37 in a bit and am starting to freak out about nearing the end of my 30's.
I'm not ready.
Nope.
This year, I think I'll turn 36 again. I need a year or two to adjust.

Karl said...

Happy birthday, beautiful! Sorry I'm late, but I'm pretty much always missing something.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Remember to wear some age-inappropriate clothing as part of the celebration!

Marni said...

I've lost your number - again... give me a call!!! We need to make our plans!